Adult OrientationThe Dollhouse6:00 pmFree
Are you interested in playing roller derby or want to learn more about it? The San Diego Derby Dolls and SoCal Derby have joined together to offer you both flat and banked track roller derby in one convenient downtown location.
At the Dollhouse, you have the option to become the kind of participant in the sport of roller derby that best suits you. You may start as a new skater in the rookie bootcamp program designed to train incoming members from the ground up, transfer in from another league to play on the competitive teams or learn how to become a referee. Whether you want to skate flat, banked, or strive to dominate as a bitraxual skater, you can practice with the Dolls all week long.
Empower yourself to take the first step and attend orientation.
What to Expect at Orientation
Our bootcamp coaches will introduce themselves by reviewing our league history, goals and achievements, and they’ll go over some basic FAQs that most new skaters ask, including:
- Personal stories from current league members about their diverse range of experiences
- What skaters can expect from becoming a member of this fast growing sport
- How Bootcamp graduates get recruited to a bouting team
- An overview on scheduling, gear, competition levels
- Open Questions and Answers session
Before Orientation concludes, you will see a few jams of roller derby in action. There will be explanations of the basics of the game, including the different positions, timing and structure of a roller derby bout. There will be Dolls there watching and explaining and new recruits will get a chance to ask questions as the action is happening.
What to Bring to Orientation
- Adult Registration Packet
- A photocopy of your driver’s license or state-issued ID
- A photocopy or print out of medical insurance or accident coverage
Learn more about adult orientation and fill out our registration form to get started now.