Some will ask, “Why do I need more MPG?” Well, one must be ready for any jam to come up that will put your team in a stressful situation where you will be needed foe back to back jams. If you aren’t physically ready, jams with no lead jammer can drain your tank like a truck. Power jams will also sometimes determine a game if are already fatigued half way into the game. Turning your body into a energy saving hybrid will help put your team in the fast lane to becoming champions!
How Do You Save More MPG?
- Stride (less crossovers = more MPG)
- Learning how to skate the track properly and using your rest periods as often as you can.
- When do you skate and when do you rest in a pack situation
- Simply building up your endurance on and off your skates using intervals
- Right leg only, left leg only
- Rest and Run pace line
- Ladder intervals – 10sec, 20sec, 30sec, 40sec, 50sec, 1 minute, then back down
Written by: Punk N. Da’Trunk (Former San Diego Derby Doll). Edited by Isabelle Ringer.
Contributing Photographer: Alda Tenorio