Already skate for an established flat or banked track league and are visiting San Diego looking to drop in on a practice? We’d love to have you visit!
What to Expect
We practice and play on both flat and banked track so be prepared to play on a banked track, even if you’ve never set a skate on one before. We have various programs that you can drop in on, including:
- Adult Bootcamp
- League level practice (2 hours following our adult bootcamp)
- League level scrimmage (Monday evenings)
- Guys & Dolls – Recreation League
- Open Skate
Our practice facility, The Dollhouse, houses both a full size banked and flat track. We also have two straight-away areas for practicing skills, and a gym area with various equipment.
- Banked track
- Flat track
- Changing area and two curtained changing cubicles
- Gym equipment and area
- Bathrooms (downstairs)
- Vending machine with gear, snacks, and cold beverages (accepts cards and cash)
- Referee room – “The Box”
- Administrative and merchandise offices
- Street parking (most spots are metered until 6:00 pm)
What to Bring
Please bring your insurance card and an ID with you to the Dollhouse as well as full gear in good working condition: knee pads, elbow pads, wrist guards, mouth guard, and helmet. We do have loaner gear available, but limited sizes and models are on hand and gear is not guaranteed to be available. The Derby Dolls require that you carry your our personal medical or accident insurance policy. USARS and WFTDA insurances are not applicable.
- Personal insurance card
- ID – your driver’s license or state-issued ID
- Water Bottle – We do have water available for you to fill up your water bottle.
- Full derby gear (helmet, mouth guard, wrist guards, elbow and knee pads and quad skates)
- Workout clothing and black and white tops if participating in a scrimmage
- Change for parking meters – parking is metered at most spots around the Dollhouse until 6:00 pm
Visiting Skaters Paperwork
Please take a moment to fill out the form below and our visitors form. Once we get all your information we will email you the address to our private practice facility, the Dollhouse (not a publicly advertised address). Please give us two business days to get back to you and let you know we got all of your information once you have submitted the form.
Have questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to contact our visiting skater coordinator.